Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Form 941 is filed to report all of the following amounts:
- Wages you have paid.
- Tips your employees have received.
- Federal income tax you withheld.
- Both the employer's and the employee's share of Social Security and Medicare taxes.
- Current quarter's adjustments to social security and Medicare taxes for fractions of cents, sick pay, tips, and group-term life insurance.
- Credit for COBRA premium assistance payments. After you file your first Form 941, you must file a return for each quarter, even if you have no taxes to report, unless you filed a final return or other certain exceptions apply.
The IRS requires PIN number to E-file 941 forms with the IRS. Apply for one at speedEfiler.com for free! Simply log-in or create an account, then then go to the "Start New Forms" area within Your Filing Home. From there, you can then follow the steps to complete the Employer PIN Application.
Due Dates for Form 941
Form 941 is due by the last day of the month that follows the end of the quarter.
|The Quarter Includes||Quarter Ends||Form 941 is Due|
|January, February, March||March 31||April 30|
|April, May, June||June 30||July 31|
|July, August, September||September 30||October 31|
|October, November, December||December 31||January 31|
Please note: If date shown falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the due date is the next business day.Start Filing!